All refund rights under both State and Commonwealth law apply.
Goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and failure does not amount to a major failure. If the failure is minor, we reserve our right to offer to repair only. We reserve the right to not offer a refund or an exchange coupon.
Please read the following carefully to ensure you are fully aware of your rights under the policy and our obligations to you.
When you change your mind
- At Bridge Builders you have 28 days to return your items (some exclusion apply) for a full refund or exchange as long as it is returned in a saleable condition with original proof of purchase. The refund will be provided using your original payment method.
- By saleable condition we mean that the item hasn’t been opened or used, is still in its original packaging and all manuals, packaging and accessories are included.
- Computer games, CDs and DVDs must have the original security seal or and shrink wrap is intact.
If you can’t provide proof of purchase, you will be asked to provide identification for Bridge Builders exclusive products, containing your full name. We will record your name and form of identification provided, and we’ll offer you an exchange coupon to the value of the current price of that product.
- If you can’t provide proof of purchase and the item is national branded we will be unable to provide you with an exchange coupon or refund.
Excluded change of mind items
The following items cannot be returned if you change your mind:
- Cosmetics (if hygiene seal is broken)
- Beauty products
- Food items
- Pierced jewellery
- Bedding accessories (for example, mattress and pillow protectors)
- Gift cards, phone recharge or third party gift cards
Bridge Builders will accept returns and provide you with an exchange voucher, refund (refund will be provided using original payment method) or repair where:
- The item is faulty or is not of acceptable quality, or
- The item is not fit for its intended purpose, or
- The product does not match the sample or our description; and
- You can present a Bridge Builders receipt or other adequate proof of purchase
Bridge Builders may elect to return the product to the manufacturer’s repair agent to determine the nature of the problem. We reserve the right not to offer an exchange voucher, refund or repair where the item fault is a result of misuse or neglect.
Please be aware that data (including, but not limited to, images, music and video) may be lost during the repair process of electrical and electronic products. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that all personal data is deleted before return to Bridge Builders.
Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair goods.
Proof of Purchase
Returns, refunds, exchanges or repair requests must be accompanied by any one of the following proof of purchase documents:
- Original register receipt (no photocopies accepted)
- Online Tax Invoice (order confirmations will not be accepted)
- Financial Statement (i.e bank statement, credit card statement)
- Proof of purchase is the original Bridge Builders receipt, bank or Flybuys statement.
- For proof of purchase requirement for online or eBay purchases, visit www.Bridge Builders.com.au